Monday, September 5, 2016

Montenegro and Croatia

If you recall last post, you remember that I talked about going to Montenegro for a week (although, to be precise, it was only five days).

Everything that happened is still fresh and very much alive inside my head, so let me put it down before I collapse on bed and fall asleep again. 

We started out journey five minutes past midnight on Monday morning. I've seen a few of my schoolmates during summer, when we went to the seaside together, but I saw most of them for the fist time after two months. Naturally, we hugged and talked loudly about what happened and how school's just around the corner. Before we could really get into the conversation the music started blaring through the speaker that my schoolmate brought along and the party started...

Our first stop (if I don't count the bathroom breaks) was Dubrovnik. To be honest, I didn't know much about Dubrovnik except that the Game of Thrones was filmed there and that supposedly, it is beautiful.

Thankfully we had a guide who walked around with us and gave us a summary of history, so we learnt more about the city itself. Then we had more than an hour to wonder around the city by ourselves and explore narrow streets hidden from the crowd.

The city was beautiful, however, I made a mistake of wearing jeans (because it was cold when we got on the bus in the middle of the night) and let me tell you, I was boiling in them. It was so freaking hot I thought I was going to lose my mind! At least when we returned to the bus, the air conditioning was on, so I cooled down a bit.

I love the architecture of seaside cities

The legend has it that if you manage to stand on the stone you'll have luck for the rest of the year

I love the narrow streets that hide interesting local shops and coffee places

The view from the bus when we were leaving Dubrovnik

We arrived in Budva in the late afternoon, we settled in our rooms, then headed to the beach. I must say, I wasn't impressed with beach in Budva. Maybe, it's because I am used of clear blue water and beaches that are not as crowded as they were here.

In the evening we met in front of the hotel with the rest of my schoolmates, and headed to the club called Paris (which has a big Eiffel tower in the middle, and a bar underneath). Paris might be one of the few clubs I actually like, because it's in the open, so it doesn't make me feel trapped in the crowed.

The next day we headed to Cetinje which used to be a capital city and the residence of the royal family. We had a look around, and had some free time as well before heading to Lovćen where stand the mausoleum of Njegoš. You have to walk up 461 steps to get to the entry, but the view alone is totally worth it, not to mention the historical value of the place.





Once we were finish with sightseeing, we were taken to a local restaurant where we ate their homemade prosciutto and cheese. It was the best meal you could've asked for after a long day.

Third day we went to Kotor which is one of the Montenegro's most beautiful cities. Unfortunately we didn't have much time there and I didn't manage to capture any photo worth posting. We than drove to the beach where there was foam party planned for us and it was freaking awesome! I thought that it would be uncomfortable, especially because you are in your swimsuit and some guys really don't know which line isn't okay to cross, but everyone had so much respect for personal space which made the party very enjoyable. 

Next day wasn't that interesting either. We went to Budva's old city centre where I've already been the night before with my friends where we decided to go to dinner. So, we walked around aimlessly than ended up in a bar, getting a drink. We than headed to see the island of St. Stefan - you aren't actually allowed to go on it, so we stopped on the road and photographed it, before going to another beach relaxation/party.

Beautiful St. Stefan
The trip was coming to an end, but on our way back, we stopped in Split as well. We didn't actually go sightseeing there, we stopped so we could stretch our legs a bit and grab a quick bite, but I still managed to snap some photos to share this magnificent Croatian city with you.



I'm sorry for the length of this post, but when I try to share my trips with you it tends to be a bit longer because of how much has happened and because of the photos I try to include. 

However, I hope this is only one of many travel posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment