Monday, January 7, 2019

#6 Write about friendship

When I forgot how to love myself you held me tight and told me it's okay to cry. When I had doubts about living you made me laugh so hard I forgot what I was sad about. When I told you I don't know myself anymore you went through every memory you had of us to remind me who I am.

So when you find yourself struggling, when you feel like the whole world's against you, I'm going to be by your side holding a shield and firing bullets at everyone who comes near you. 

You have shown me that friendship isn't about how much time you spend together or how many each other's secrets you know. Friendship is about acceptance and love and understanding. It's about being completely open and vulnerable and trusting the person not to use that against you. Friendship is everything you have given me and continue to show me until this very day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment