Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sleeping tips

There is a bunch of things in life that I cherish and on the top of the list is sleeping, purely because I never get enough of it. In the last years I’ve had the worst sleeping habits. I am not able to fall asleep, I wake up in the middle of the night and the worst of all I have constant nightmares. 
Since I know how frustrating it can get I decided to share a few of my sleeping tips. Before starting I would like to remind you that I am no professional and that this may not help you with your sleeping problems. Everything in this article are just personal preferences, things that help me and it could be completely different for you, because your body may function differently from mine, so there is a possibility this won’t help you.
Use up your energy. For me this is one of the most important ones, because I figured if my body is absolutely exhausted I have more chances of falling asleep right away and not having any nightmares. So I would advise you to take up jogging, go to a gym or just meet with your friends to play soccer. Literally any sports activity helps!
Cut out sugar. Sugar tends to raise your energy level so try to cut out thing like chocolate and any sweets in general. If you are consuming energy drinks or caffeine make sure to stop drinking them because they could be the reason for your sleepless nights.  
Eating before bed time is probably the worst thing you can do, especially if you are having nightmares. If your stomach aches while you are sleeping the pain can transform into nightmares that will eventually wake you up.
Using electronic devices before going to bed is not advisable as well. I read that social networks such as Facebook and Tumblr use colour blue for their background because it’s the colour of sky and it tricks your brain into thinking it’s still daylight outside. So I would recommend you to grab a book instead of sitting behind the computer screen or watching a television.  

These are the things that help me and I hope that they will help you as well because not being able to sleep can really affect your body. If you are having serious sleeping problems then I would advise you to pay a visit to a doctor. Sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment