Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Late birthday surprise!

My family has been building up tension ever since I first found out my aunt was taking my somewhere for my birthday and she didn't want to tell me where. I was supposed to go with her to that mysterious place a week before my birthday, but she had to travel on business that week, so she told me she would take me on the third of October.

The whole week my parents were saying things like:
"Have you packed your suitcase?"
"We already told your teacher you wouldn't be in school next week."

I was absolutely thrilled and freaked out. I love traveling and I grab the opportunity to go somewhere as soon as someone mentions it. So it's understandable I was excited.

When I came to my aunt's place at nine o'clock in the morning, she opened the door and greeted me with: "Where is your suitcase?"

At that point I wasn't sure if they were joking around or not. Needless to say my anxiety started to kick in because I couldn't prepare myself mentally for what I was about to experience. It was nerve-wracking.

We were getting closer and closer to the airport when my aunt told me she was taking me to Germany to help in refuge (because of the immigration crisis and all). I was speechless. I don't mind helping people and I believe you should offer a helping hand because you never know when you are going to be on the other end. When we drove past the airport, my aunt started laughing and told me we are actually not leaving the county.

Disappointment was definitely staring to kick in, but I convinced myself that whatever I get it's going to be amazing.

And I was right.

My aunt took me to a sushi workshop. I believe I mentioned in the previous post which you can read here how much I adore sushi.

The workshop was absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. We were thought how to make sushi by Japanese woman who have lived in Slovenia for eleven years now. She walked us through every step and at the end I had more sushi than I was able to consume. Luckily my brother is as enthusiastic as me about sushi so during the weekend it gradually disappeared from the plate.




Looks delicious, doesn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment