Sunday, October 25, 2015

Back at it

Two years ago, I decided to take up boxing. I needed to take up sport activity and a friend wanted me to check out boxing with her so I decided to give it a shot, even though I was sure boxing was not my thing at all.

How wrong I was.

I've fallen in love with boxing. I don't know what it is that makes me so enthusiastic about it, but I never want to pick up another sport again. My parent had complained that it's not lady like, but they got used to it and began to enjoy the surprised faces when they tell their friends that their little girl is training boxing. 

During last year, however, it got a bit too much. Balancing boxing and school seemed impossible at a certain point so I decided to quit it.

Sorry for the quality of the picture, it's a bit old tbh  

Every now and then I would look at my pink boxing gloves which were lying around my room, feeling nostalgic and wanting to run back to the gym, but I knew school would suffer.

This year I decided to make it work! I started with trainings in September and I've never felt better. I love getting rid of negative energy when we work on a punching bag. It also helps that I switched boxing club. The training are not as intense as before, the atmosphere is more relaxed and I freaking love it, okay?

If you've never tried boxing before I suggest you definitely look up if there is a boxing club in your area and check it out. Most places offer first training for free so you can decided whether you like it or not before signing up.

What do you do to release tension that build up during the week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment