Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Choosing career path

I'm at that point in life when people expect me to know where I am headed and where my future is. The reality is quiet different.

I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life and the idea of making that decision terrifies me. My main goal is to do something I enjoy doing, but I feel like I haven't been introduced to all the opportunities and frankly I don't know what I enjoy doing enough so I wouldn't get bored of it in the future.

This weekend I gave one of my potential choices a go and I applied to a programming course Django Girls.


In second year of high school I absolutely loved working on HTML and programming robots, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do something like that or if I just liked the idea of it.

On a Saturday morning I woke up quite early, had some breakfast and headed over to college that was organising the course. It's understanding I was nervous. New environment and new people, it's not my cup of tea. However, everyone was extremely lovely and after the introduction we were put into small groups of three plus the mentor. It was girls only course, if you haven't figured that out by the name of it, and I was put into a group with two girls who were both older than me. They were both incredible lovely and our mentor was brilliant. My biggest fear was that I wouldn't understand what we were doing, but he explained it so simple even a child would understand it.

If only all my professors were like that...

By the end of the day I was exhausted. We were there since 9am to 6pm, and we had recieved so much information my head was about to explode.

However, I enjoyed the whole experience.

I'm not sure if this means I am one step closer to choosing my career path or if it means my life got more complicated because this is another thing I am interested in.

Anyway, no matter what I decide to do in the future, this was a wonderful experience and now I got knowledge no one can take away from me, which is always nice.

Hopefully I soon decide where I want my future to go.

Until then I still have this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment