Sunday, October 11, 2015

Review: Girl Online

On my birthday I got book Girl Online written by lovely Zoella a.k.a. Zoe Sugg. Among other gifts, which you can read all about here, this was the one I've been dying to get my hands onto. Ever since Zoe announced her book is coming out I wanted to get it, but there's so many books on my MUST BUY list I never got around to do it.

To be completely honest with you guys, I wasn't even sure I wanted to spend my money on it because recently every youtuber has been publishing their own book and I've had a feeling that a lot of them felt pressured to do it because it was a way to make some extra money and because their viewers (me included) will buy everything they put out.



Luckily I was pleasantly surprised. I've fallen in love with Girl Online as soon as I read a few pages. It's a good teen romance, easy to read and it seems so realistic. It shows the influence of social media and how easily things can go viral and mess up someone's life completely. The book has a good representation of how it feels to be a teenage girl who is intimidated by world, doesn't feel like she fits in and above all doesn't understand what is happening to her.

However, our main character Penny, isn't afraid to express herself on her blog, putting her feelings out for the world to see and share her honest opinion. In her words she is keeping it real on the blog and unreal in her life. Her blog is like a safe place to her and I believe a lot of us (people who like to write blog like she does) feels the same way.

When things get overwhelming in school, her parents offer her a little getaway to New York. There she meets a boy that goes by the name Noah. He's different that what she knows, slightly older, very handsome and surprisingly good at asking random questions. They get involved, but Noah is keeping something a secret from her and when she returns to UK, things fall apart.

But you have to read the book to find out what happens.

Girl Online is a perfect book for a lazy, rainy day when you want to escape from reality. With a cup of tea by your side and wrapped in warm, cozy blanket you have a perfect setting for a day of relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment