Thursday, November 30, 2017

#1 Write about eyes

You might think that the first thing we notice about another person is how they dress or how much they weight or how they carry themselves, and although that might be true, the one thing that will stick with us forever is their eyes. Not the colour or the shape of their eyes, but that little twinkling light behind them. 

That light can change everything. 

When I first caught his glance I thought that his blue eyes were pretty. Like a perfectly planted ocean of blue in the middle of his face that gave his boyish smile an edgy look. But pretty cannot describe the colour that they changed to when he talked about his passion. When he talked endlessly about his hopes and dreams, it was like his eyes were dancing. They lit up with so much joy, so much excitement that it completely changed him. As much as I loved the sparkle in his eyes, his pure childish excitement, there was nothing more frightening than his eyes turning grey like a stormy sky. It was as if his eyes reflected his true inner feeling, his dissatisfaction and discomfort when something was bothering him. The loving blue changed to cold grey in a millisecond, like someone turned on a light switch. 

So, when a friend asked me what colour were his eyes, I couldn't find the words. They were blue and they were grey, but to me, most of the time, they reminded me of home. Like I was finally where I was supposed to be, like his eyes were all there was to this life, and I was more than happy to be drowning in them for the rest of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment