Sunday, August 21, 2016

Things you do on holidays with friends

I watch way too many vlogs of youtubers, the ones in which they go on holiday or travel around, and not so long ago I watch Oli White's one. He went to Croatia and it looked like he really enjoyed himself. One thing he did with his younger brother James was parasailing. For those of you who have no idea what parasailing is, here's the definition from the internet: "Prasailing also known as parascending or parakiting, is a recreational kiting activity where a person is towed behind a vehicle (usually a boat) while attached to a specially designed canopy wing that reminds one of a parachute, known as a parasail wing." Now, that looked absolutely and utterly crazy/amazing.

It also looked like something my friends and I would totally do.

Luckily, my friends and I were planning to go to Croatia as well. About a week after Oli's vlog went up, I was already in the car with my friends on the way to the sunny coastline of Croatia.

Look at how beautiful this is

While we were sunbathing on the beach the second day of our stay, I pitched the idea to my friends. Out of six, five of us agreed that we would like to go parasailing. We knew they did parasailing because we saw a few people doing it, so we were on a mission to find a place which offered parasailing.

On the third day we found the place, but because it was quite pricey only three of us decided to actually do it. We had to make a reservation for the next day, and we were all jumping in excitement when everything was sorted out. All we had to do next was wait for the next morning.

Found the place! :)
The next day the excitement started to grow as we got closer to the meeting point. When we waited for them to pick us up, I was a bit nervous, but in a good kind a way - when you get really hyper and happy and you feel your stomach twisting and you can't help but smile. 

I'm a bubble of excitement and happiness
Two guys came to pick us up in a motorboat, help us get our lifejackets on then drove us away from the coastline. Because there was three of us we decided that one would go by herself while my friends and I would go together (in tandem). The girl that went by herself was the first to go up while we waited in the motorboat, taking pictures and still jumping up and down with excitement waiting for our turn.

Soon the girl came down, and it was our turn. They buckled us on the parachute and told us to sit down. As soon as we sat down the wind started to lift us up. Before we knew it we were up in the air, looking down at the water and the boat. The view was amazing! I don't know how high we were, but apparently you can go as high as 152 meters (500 feet).

Look at us!
That's on thing I can cross off my bucket list (although it wasn't even on my bucket list)!



No comments:

Post a Comment