Sunday, July 17, 2016

Why I decided not to blog in June




It feels good to be back.

Writing, editing, searching for photos to complete my post.

It's been more than a month since my last post, but I cannot say I regret it. I needed some time off and not writing a blog in the meantime seemed like a good idea.

And it was a good idea.

While having my little break from a blog I noticed that I genuinely enjoyed things I was doing. In my humble opining, once you have a blog and decide to write regularly it quickly takes over your life. Every week you search for new, interesting things to write about. It pushes you to go out more, to experience different things and then discuss them here.

However, I found myself worrying about how to turn what I was experiencing into a good blog post instead of actually being there, enjoying what I was doing and putting my heart into it.

At first I thought that maybe I was the only one experiencing this, and maybe I am, but I've been reading this book about a successful bloger and her entire life revolves around blog posts. Everything she does is for the sake of her blog and I don't want to be that person.

This month and a half was a blessing for me. I worked as a rollerblading instructor, I was at the seaside for almost three weeks, I meet new people, I learned new card game and I've been completely present at all these things without thinking how to turn them into a blog post.

I hope you can forgive me for not writing for such a long time, but anyway I don't regret my decision to push this blog aside for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment