Sunday, May 8, 2016

On the road

I've been gone for quite some time and I think it's time to catch up. Don't you agree?

I'm sure I've mentioned before how much I love to travel. My deepest passion is going to new places, exploring new things and staring in awe at what I discovered. So it's no surprise that I take every opportunity to go somewhere. 

Three weeks ago my aunt asked me if I wanted to go to the Netherlands with her, and of course I agreed. It was a quick decision and on Friday morning I was already flying towards the Netherlands. 

I've been to the Netherlands before, if you recall I wrote about an incident on the airport, but I haven't talked much about where I've been. 

The last time I was there I was on an exchange program in Leiden and I absolutely fell in love with it. 

Morning flight over the Alps

This time my aunt and I went to Hague, but also made a trip to Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Keukenhof. The last one is also know as the Garden of Europe and it absolutely beautiful, but also overcrowded. 


Tree with peace wishes on it stands in front of Peace Palace, in Hague

I'm sure it's needless to say I had a blast, and of course I took a bunch of photos, but right now I'm to lazy to upload and edit them. I'm sorry. 

When I came back, I had a week of holidays left which I basically spent going out with friends and having sleepovers.

Then last Saturday I went to Mirabilandia, which is an amusement park in Italy and to San Marino. I'm sure the trip would've been more than just okay, but I was starting to get sick, so the whole two days there were kind of miserable. 

I have to admit, the first day was okay. We spend the whole day in Mirabilandia and we went on all the rides and I laughed and screamed and it wasn't as bad considering the state I was in. In the evening I had to take some pill because my headache was killing me, but that was it.

The second day, however, was absolute and complete disaster. My head was killing me, and I swear I had a fever, so I only half enjoyed the trip to San Marino. Then we went back to Mirabilandia and I had to get medical help because at that point I thought I was going to pass out. 

They were really nice and took care of me, so that the rest of the day was bearable. 

But we still had about 6 hours drive back home and I honestly thought I'm not going to make it back home...

So it's understandable that this week I've been home, lying in bed and drinking as much tea as I could consume. 

That's about all I've been up to in the last three weeks.

What about you guys? What happened to you in the last three weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment