Sunday, May 29, 2016

5 reasons why winter is better than summer

I know a lot of you will fight me on this one, but I stand behind a statement that winter is better than summer. Since summer is starting, and because it's already so hot here, in Slovenia, I just have to go on a rant about it and how much I miss the coldness, snow and dark.

So buckle up and enjoy the ride, my fellow readers!



Clothes. I love layers. I love a good old t-shirt with a cardigan and a warm cosy jacket on top. I love black jeans and warm fluffy socks. But when it's hot like hell outside, you can't really put on layers like you are able to do in the winter. It just seems like summer clothes aren't as cosy as the winter ones. Then again maybe it's not the clothes. Maybe it's the burning heat that makes you sweat like a pig. Which bring me to another point.

Sweating. What's up with that? I could stand in the shower all day long during summer. But still as soon as I stepped up, I'd be covered with sweat. Because it's so bloody hot during summer and you can't cool yourself down for more than an hour (or even less). I hate not being able to do anything about it. At least in the winter when you are cold, you can put on another sweater or tights under your pants. What are you going to do in summer? Rip you skin away from your body?

Productivity. You know how some people say: "You can be more productive during summer and you have more energy because the day is longer." This is absolute crap. The only time during summer that is bearable to do something is early in the morning or late in the evening. Otherwise you are putting yourself in danger because of how hot is it outside. Want to go for a walk during a day? Oh no, you can't because you might get sunstroke. So, good luck to you folks, who are planning to be productive during summer.

Dog. Do you know how much fun my dog has during summer? About 20%. His happiness comes from swimming in the sea, but otherwise it's absolute nightmare for him. He is constantly hot, with his tongue out and wants to be pet, but at the same time doesn't. Besides it's hard to take him for a walk in the heat, so I can only take him for a longer walk in the evening, because neither him or I are a big far of getting up in the morning.
The only place I like during summer

Sleeping. I have trouble sleeping anyway, but in the summer is so much worse because I can't get comfortable no matter what. If I sleep with a blanket I get to hot, but if I don't sleep with a blanket monsters can get me. Can you feel my struggle?

Now, that I got my frustrations out I can admit that there are also things to like forward to, for example going to the seaside, playing beach volleyball, sleeping under the stars, bonfires, pool parties, and most of all freedom because there's no school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment