Monday, February 29, 2016

How to reduce stess

I am a very nervous person and dealing with stress can be quite hard for me. When I am really stressed out, anything can fire me up and when that happens it can go in two directions.

The first one includes me picking a fight with someone, usually a family member, and yelling my lungs out until I decide I've had enough, storming into my room then shutting the door with a band loud enough for the neighbours to hear.

The second option is better for people around me, but not as good for me. I tend to stay quiet and take it all in, until I feel this pressure on my chest which makes it hard for me to breath. When this happens I need to either get out and walk around or sleep it off.



When you have a deadline you have to meet, none of this options seem very welcoming so I've worked a lot on how to deal with stress and I want to share this methods with you.

Put situation into perspective. This one seems to work great for me when I am under a lot of pressure when it comes to public speaking or oral exams. The stress I feel in those situations is caused by the thought of being embarrassed in front of larger group of people. The thing that makes me calm is putting the whole thing into perspective and telling myself that in a week or two no one will remember what I said or didn't say. People all have their own problems to worry about and although they may laugh when you say something stupid, most of them won't put much thought into it.

Don't procrastinate. I know procrastination is something hard to deal with, but the absolute worst combination is having a deadline and not being able to stop procrastinating. Believe me, I know. You have no idea how many times I catch myself watching a series or a movie and stressing out about the exam I have the next day. The only thing that will help you in those moments is to have enough self discipline to open a book and start studying.

Eat healthy. When I get stressed out, anxious about something I tend to nibble on whatever snack I can find in the house. Usually it's something sweet that will give me an energy boost and made me feel more hyper than before which is definitely not a good thing when you're trying to reduce stress. Now I replace chocolate with a glass of water or cup of tea, so I keep myself hydrated while studying, but also to stop myself from eating everything I see. Is any of you a nervous eater as well?

Take a day off. You can't keep going. No one can. So whenever you have some spare time, whenever you have a day when you don't necessarily have to rush anywhere, I advise you to take a day off and relax. You will never run out of work, because there's always so much that still has to be done, but you can very easily run out of energy.

I hope any of these helps you, or I hope that at least you found that interesting in anyway and if you made it that far, right to the end of the post I'd like to thank you for taking a moment out of your day to read this. You'll hear more from me at the end of the week.

Stay relaxed! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment