Sunday, January 31, 2016

My bucket list

I started writing bucket list two years ago. I remember feeling down, hopeless and devastated when I decided to make one, so I'd have some goals to achieve in the near future. I called it "To do list 2014". 

When I was making the list I remember searching the internet for some ideas. A year later when I made a new list I didn't need the help of the internet. I knew what I wanted to do and I put that down. 

It's time for me to do another one for the year 2016, so I decided to share the things I put on that list in the past, and how I achieved some of the goal and share some new ideas as well. 

First thing I do, when writing a list, is I put down all the goals I haven't achieve last year, which is most of them, but I'm a strong believer in the saying better late than never. Then I add some new ones. 

So here is a list of things I came up with in the past two years. As I mentioned before I haven't achieved a lot of them, but the ones I did have an explanation besides them. I can tell you it's a very satisfying feeling when you can cross something out.

To do list 

35 good deeds - I did 4. I know it seems like I'm the worst person ever, but in two years I helped 4 random strangers whom I never seen again and I think 4 in two years it's, you know, pretty good

Put soap into public fountain

Say yes to everything for 1 day

Have a food fight

Find a taxi and tell the driver to follow a random car

Learn how to play the guitar - I started, but I gave up quite soon, so this is still on my list

Write a book

Send a message in a bottle

Sleep under the stars - I slept on the beach. It was uncomfortable but it was amazing watching the night sky before falling asleep. I even saw a few shooting stars

Go skydiving

Make someone wish come true - I really wanted this to be a big deal, but my mum crossed it off when I cleaned my room, saying that her wish came true with that action.

Fly in a helicopter

Have influence on someone's life - A friend of mine crossed this one off when she was visiting and I haven't even notice at first, but then I saw it was crossed off and her initials were written beside it.

Learn how to cook properly - My goal was to make at least five dishes because all I knew was how to make some pasta and eggs and pancakes. 

Learn how to meditate

Throw a coin into the wishing well - I did that while I was in Rome and although I can't remember the wish I made, I feel like these event holds a special place in my heart.

Build a treehouse 

Go skinny dipping at midnight

Win a lottery   

Go on holiday with friends - we went to a friend's holiday cottage for a few days, so I crossed that off the list, but I am planning to go to a proper Eurotrip with my friends

Have a picnic in a nearby park



Maybe you can do one of these yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment