Saturday, September 5, 2015

Things that inspire me

In life setting a goal for yourself is not always enough. There are obstacles on the way and we often lose motivation when we have to face them. Because of that we are always looking for things and people that inspire us, who keep us going when we want to give up. 
I think we all know that feeling too well. Because school year is slowly starting and we will need more then just a dash of random inspiration, I wanted to show you things that inspire me and make me feel ready to take on the world. 
My biggest inspiration is my diary. It’s a flowery notebook, not much at the first glance, to be honest, but that’s why they always say not to judge a book by its cover (although, let’s admit it, we all do it). 
I used it as a diary at first, but eventually I turned it into a notebook where I keep quotes, stories and poems that touched me and make me want to be better. 
Also I find writing very relaxing so whenever I feel stressed out, I sit down, search for few quotes on Tumblr and write them down. 
There is only one problem that I seem to have. When you read a quote hundred times over and over again it usually loses its power to affect you. When that happens I reach out for a good movie. 
Movies about sports and milestones in history are the ones that do the magic for me. I recently watched Remember the Titans which really motivated me. I love the fact that it’s not only about football, but also about racial discrimination that these boys are put through. Coach Carter is another great movie I would recommend if you love sports movies as much as I do.
The next source of my inspiration is kind of cliché, but it’s also the most common. I get great amount of inspiration from people around me. From my family and friends to complete strangers on the street. 
Next time you are in a crowded place I dare you to look around, and I guarantee you, you will see someone you envy. If you have the power to look at that person and see inspiration instead of competition, you have already won because now you have unlimited source of inspiration. Now, you can walk around and see someone that makes you want to dress better, read more, be more sociable etc. 
Those are things that inspire me, but I want to know what inspires you. Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment