Sunday, September 13, 2015

The food market

If you live in a capital city there is always something happening, there are always different events taking place. I’ve been living in capital city since I was a little kid and I’ve been oblivious to those events most of the time. When I got slightly older, slightly more interested in the world around me, I came to realise that maybe going to these events wouldn’t be such a bad idea after all. 



One of those events is Open Kitchen which is basically a food market that takes place every Friday from mid-March to October. People who’ve been there speak very highly of it and the place is always flooded with people so on a Friday morning I decide it’s time to give it a go. In school I convinced a few of my friends to join me, so as soon as our classes ended we headed downtown where the Open Kitchen takes place.

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and you could feel a little breeze now and then, so naturally the town was filled with teenagers who were happy that the weekend was finally starting, the tourists that were easy to spot with their cameras and people who simply came to enjoy the sun. 

We headed towards the Open Kitchen where we walked around, looking at the stands and deciding what we should eat. Let me tell you that it wasn’t easy to choose, but once we narrowed it down to a few options and considered the prices we went for a burrito from BurritoLoco. I’ve never had a burrito before, to be honest, but I love Mexican food so I decided to give it a try and I wasn’t disappointed. 

One of my friends leaded us to a quite place under a bridge nearby because at the Open Kitchen you can’t really sit down and enjoy the food. For a few moments we enjoyed the silence and the taste of food in our mouth before we started to discuss what it tasted like and what we thought of the whole experience.

Overall the food was good, I was in great company and the weather was nice, so I think I’m definitely going back next Friday if I can afford it. I saw couple of things that I really want to try and I don’t have much time until the season of Open Kitchen ends, so there’s a possibility that you will see a similar post in a following month.

No comments:

Post a Comment