Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Opening the season

Although it's mid January this weekend was my first time snowboarding this winter. Even I cannot believe myself it took me so long to get on the slopes this year. 

My friends and I decided that it was finally time for us to go. I can't recall how we formed the idea of going skiing together, but it was bound to happen since we all love skiing and my friend just got her driving licence. 

So on a cold Saturday morning at half past six she picked me up. We put my snowboard in the trunk alongside her skis then went to pick up another friend. On our way to the slopes we watched the sun slowly come up, and made a stop at the gas station to pick up some snacks which are always a must have when you're going to the slopes for the day. 

This was actually taken on our way back from the slopes...


We were at the foot of the mountain before eight o'clock, when the gondola starts to work, so we had enough time to eat something and get changed. We've already purchased our tickets a day before, so we didn't have to stand in line - to be honest, there wasn't much of a line, anyways - and just went straight into the gondola. Of course when we got to the top of the mountain the first thing we had to do was take a few photos because the view was absolutely stunning.

Breathtaking - I forgot how beautiful the mountains are


When my snowboard finally touched the snow and I went down the slop, I remembered why I love snowboarding so much. I got this pure rush off happiness and I couldn't stop smiling. I just got this urge to scream at the top of my lungs, but I had to suppress it because I didn't want to give other skiers a heart-attack.

By twelve o'clock we were already in the cabin, because even though the weather was nice, and the slops weren't very crowded, we were absolutely freezing. It was minus 8 degrees celsius and I couldn't feel my face or fingers anymore. While we were drinking hot tea and eating some french fries, the sun came out and it started to get warmer, so after an hour of warming up in the cabin, we decided to continue.

The sun came out and it was amazing, also look at how empty the slopes are

A million dollar view

Around three o'clock in the afternoon we decided to call it quits and headed back down to the car. We planned to stop somewhere else on our way home, but we couldn't find anything worth stopping for, so we just drove back home. Overall, the day was amazing and we had so much luck with the weather and the lack of people, because it can get quite annoying when there's a lot of people on the slopes. If I could, I'd definitely relive that day.

I hope I will be able to create many more memories like this in 2017! On that note, I'd love to wish you guy a happy new year's, because I still haven't done it, and I hope this year is everything you ever wished for it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment