Sunday, March 27, 2016

Uncomfortable dreams

Some of you may recall that I talked about my sleeping problems before in a blog post called Sleeping tips.

My sleeping patterns got better when I switched from coffee to black tea, started exercising regularly and eating healthier. However, lately it's been a real struggle. Since my dog got hurt I've been sleeping with one eye open, making sure he doesn't hurt himself while I am asleep.

As if that isn't enough to mess with my sleep, I am getting nightmares again.

I think a general belief is that nightmares are supposed to be scary. It's supposed to be about someone chasing you or someone trying to hurt you. It's supposed to be absolutely terrifying.

My nightmares are tiny bit different.



My nightmares are about being put into an awkward social situation from which I cannot escape. It can be about an encounter with someone I don't like or it can be a never ending exam which I know I am going to fail because there is no end to it and I am running out of time.

The worst part about these nightmare is that I can't wake up from them. I have to get through a situation and then relive it again and again and again. It's like it's stuck on reply in my brain. 

To be honest, at some point I'd rather put up with nightmares about serial killer that this psychological crap. 

Because I don't sleep well I am more stressed out which results in headaches and feeling sick all the time. Great, isn't it?

Do some of you get nightmares like this as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment