Sunday, November 29, 2015

DIY advent calendar

About a month ago my friend and I made a deal that instead of buying an advent calendar, which I haven't had in years by the way, we will made each other one.

Of course as a famous procrastinator I am, I waited until the very last minute to made one. 

I must admit I forgot how much I love being creative and I am glad we made the deal because it forced me to search my brain for ideas, made a plan and then stick to it. 

So here is what you'll need:
  • cardboard
  • paint 
  • colourful paper (preferably red, because it's christmas time)
  • some stickers

What you'll need


First thing I did, was cover the cardboard with white colour. Simply because the cardboard had a logo on it and I had to cover it up, but also because I felt like white would make everything look more christmasy.

As I waited for the paint to dry, I started making little envelopes. I used this method >>here<<. For making envelopes I used a square (10x10cm) which I cut out from the red paper. 

Then I filled each little envelope with quote or a memory I have with the person I was making it for or I wrote down things I like about that person. Once the little envelop was closed, I put a sticker with a number on it.

Little envelope n. 1

Meanwhile the paint on the cardboard had dried up, so I turned the cardboard around and repeated the process on the other side as well. Then I waited for it to dry again while I continued to make the little envelopes. 

When all the envelopes were done, I stick them to a cardboard with a Sellotape. I basically made a little roll out of Sellotape and paste it on the back of the envelope so the Sellotape isn't visible. 

The final product


This is how the final product looks like. I can't wait to give it to my friend. 

I hope to make some more DIY posts in the future because I really enjoyed making this.

Have you ever made an advent calendar yourself? How did it turn out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment